Re: [really OT] (was: Re: [OM] OM] OT - Titanium)

Subject: Re: [really OT] (was: Re: [OM] OM] OT - Titanium)
From: Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 12:29:50 EDT
George S. wrote, in part, "and the Marine pilots joked (?) to me that it
doesn't bother them to see the fluids leaking as that tells them that there
actually ARE fluids in the aircraft."

That sounds like the old pilot's saw regarding oil leaks from radial
engines--that if you didn't see a puddle of oil on the ground, you'd best
check to make sure there really was some in the engine.  I'm not sure I'd
have the same cavalier attitude regarding leaking hydraulics in a modern jet,
though!

Tom Moynihan
Dallas, TX