Re: [OM] OM v. Leica etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM v. Leica etc.
From: "Gregg Iverson" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 22:23:36 -0400
I really chose the OM system because it was smaller then the other
available SLR systems of the time, and I couldn't afford a N*K*N.  I had
a Konica at the time I switched.

I do believe the metering system of the OM has influenced the kind of
pictures I have attempted and successfully taken, and the variety of
ways I can decide to go with photography(based on the expansive OM
system) is equaled by few camera systems.

I also think the weight of the system influences what lenses I carry and
consequently what picture I am able to get.

I must admit, until I discovered this list last month, I had become
discouraged with the OM line and how the OM 1-4 is unsupported.  (I went
through that with Apple computers too).  I had taken few photographs in
the last several years as teaching and family have taken time and
money.  Thanks to the enthusiasm of the members of this list I have
started taking photographs again!!

Regards,

Gregg Iverson