Re: [OM] OM v. Leica etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM v. Leica etc.
From: Norm <normc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 21:57:01 +0100
Whichever brand is ultimately irrelevant, surely?  Isn't the ideal to be so
familiar
with the camera as a tool for creating pictures that when doing so we're not
thinking
about the name on the front, but thinking about the subject and how we want to
interpret
it?

Like many, I suspect, I originally became a user of the OM system more by
accident than
design.  Plenty of years later I still am because it works for the kind of
photography I
do, so I've had no reason to change.  I doubt that the pictures I have taken
would be
significantly different if by some historical accident I had become a user of
some other
brand.

Perhaps this is heresy within this list, but I'd be interested to hear if
others feel
that, *assuming similar familiarity with some other brand*, are there really
all that
many pictures that in their field or style of photography they might never have
achieved?

Regards

Norm.