dimishing returns, was Re: [OM] Leica jewelry OT

Subject: dimishing returns, was Re: [OM] Leica jewelry OT
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:45:40 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, *- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Acer Victoria wrote:
>
>> <this msg is OT; sorry, this is third reply, and hence didn't have
>> Doris' email addy>
>>
>> Also, not to flame, but the law of dimishing returns hits VERY hard after
>> a point;
>
>  Acer makes some coinosseur points here. The law of diminishing returns
>hits hard right after the $12 disposable camera, IMO.

True, to a degree, but the exponential curve is still in your favor here:
you can bet a $100 epic is better, but once you hit the quad-digit dollar
range, then the subtleties and personal taste matter more than objective
analysis. To make the most of the capabilities of a mega-buck lens, you'd
best be served using Techpan, or some film like that, doing all developing
and printing yourself. If it's your cup of tea, by all means, enjoy it! My
observations are just that: my naive and inexperienced observations. Best,

/Acer Victoria