Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:10:32 +0000
In this scenario there is no need to even waste one shot.  If you take a spot
reading of the grey card then activate the memo function the exposure is locked
for
the next shot and any subsequent ones.  Of course, If you only want one shot at
that
exposure value you do not even need to use the memo function, the single spot
reading will suffice.

I think too much is being made of OTF.  In reality, only relatively few
exposures
utilise OTF - those 1/60th in duration or longer.  Those with shorter exposures
have
the exposure based off the shutter curtain prior to the exposure.

As to there not being a conventional Exposure Lock - there is no need for one,
just switch to manual and set the exposure.

I find the Memory function is not something I use very often as it is
principally
geared towards multiple shots with the same exposure.  I usually only require
locking the exposure for one shot, for which I use spot or multi-spot.

The OM4/Ti metering system is truly wonderful - so many ways to cut the
exposure
cake as Doris might say.

Giles