Re: [OM] [OT] A plea for trimming quotes (Second)

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] A plea for trimming quotes (Second)
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:57:37 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: Keith (R.K.) Berry <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 1999 5:44 PM

> I haven't felt inclined to use the filters with the Oly List but I've
> recently found them very useful with the general photographic newsgroups. By
> setting up filters for "N*k*n, C*n*n, Rebel, EOS, F5, eBay, FA:, Auction" I
> have saved a lot of yawning time.

Thanks for an interesting tip, but if I then DON'T want to read about IS lenses
from
C*n*n, but DO want to read about Olympus' IS system?         ;-)

> On the subject of the thread, messages at the bottom of a short extract (as
> above) are okay, but I find it irritating to scroll down reams of previous
> postings to find a response, and more so if there isn't one when I get to
> the bottom, as sometimes happens. That's my tuppence worth.

I have often wondered what the reason is behind those messages full of nothing
but
quoted text and with no reply or response what so ever. People are so upset
that they
accidently hit the "Send" button while on-line or what? If so they should make
sure
"send messages immediately" is not enabled.

Per Nordenberg
Kolmården, Sweden

"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to look into ones' soul."