Re: [OM] OM2000 -- impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 -- impressions
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:09:01 +0100
Joel wrote:
>... this winder lever configuration makes the camera really problematic
>for left-eyed shooters, and if you're one of those, I'd just say forget
>this camera.  But even for right-eyed shooters, I find the winder lever a
>nuisance for verticals because the lever bumps the forehead...

Hello Joel,
>From Frank van Lindert's posting some time ago, you don't have to put up
with this winder problem. In case you missed it I'll copy it below from my
'archives'

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx

"I made the modification needed to have the shutter being no longer blocked
by the winder switch in rest position. I have never made any modification
this easy, and what is more important it is completely reversible. You only
need to dissemble the winder switch (by unscrewing the tiny Phillips screw
on the underneath of the handle) and taking temporarily away the next three
parts sitting around its axis. Then the blocking ring is visible on top and
the only thing I did was turn it upside down, making sure that the little
protuberance in the ring which would normally shift under the shutter points
to the back rather than to the front (maybe I should say to eight o?clock
instead of ten o?clock). After that you can reassemble the winder switch
exactly as it was before. The little protuberance now lies almost exactly
under the winder handle. All it took was exactly three minutes... and now
the OM2000 is free of the annoying Nikon inherited eye-threatener. And it
still has twelve months of warranty - I didn?t even have to open the camera
body." (Frank van Lindert)