RE: [OM] [OT] A plea for trimming quotes (Second)

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] A plea for trimming quotes (Second)
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:20:16 +0200
Hi,

> I second the last, BUT that also implies like Jan says that
> you only copy what is really relevant to your message, and not all of what
> has been said earlier.

Yes, I personally like to quote a relevant phrase, and then add to that as
needed, rather than quoting a whole message and then adding comments.

However, that was not the main reason I replied to this message. Instead, I
wanted to propose to take the "limitation of senseless output generating" a
step further. In other words, maybe we could stop sending one-liners that
don't add any real value to a discussion, an occasional off-hand joke, ala
Ken Norton's style is o.k. and funny, but lately I find myself using the
<CTRL><D> combination very quickly on half of the list's messages.

Actually, I'm very tempted to make use of one of the few really interesting
options Outlook offers; being a filter which has a rule like: "if message
from xxx then move to deleted items". One person is already becoming a
candidate for being person xxx (need I mention a name? :) ) But I would find
it a pity to not "receive" the full list.

So, I hope we can limit those kind of replies, and actually stick to
answering (or asking) questions, rather than simply generating output.

Having said that, I realise this message doesn't add any value to any Oly
discussion on hand either, so I'll now refrain from writing anything more on
this subject, and hope my suggestion will be followed...

Cheers!
Olafo