RE: [OM] WTB: Reversing/retro ring for Macro

Subject: RE: [OM] WTB: Reversing/retro ring for Macro
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:23:42 -0700
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
A wicked thought just occurred to me: has anybody ever tried a reversing
ring with the 35/2.8 shift?

Maybe I miss the point, but since the shifting mechanism does not move any optics, I don't see how it would prove any different from reversing a standard 35/2.8, EXCEPT:

... stopping the aperture down is a piece
of cake. :)

Hmmm... expose the rear element of a $500+ lens to potential injury so you won't have trouble stopping down, or go out and get a 35/2.8 for chicken-feed, and simply "JB Weld" the DOF button down? :-)

Now what might be more useful would be a reversing ring with a shift mechanism built-in. Anyone want to donate a 35 shift to the conversion project? :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229