Re: [OM] Reversing/retro ring for Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Reversing/retro ring for Macro
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:44:20 +0100
>Would like to find a used reversing ring (to mount a lens backwards on the
>body for increased maginfication) for my OM sytem.

SRB Film Service here in the UK make one, price 17.62 pounds (approx $28).

They also do lens coupling rings which allows two lenses to be mounted
nose-to-nose: "mounting a telephoto lens on a camera body as normal and
fitting a standard lens to the end of it via the two lens filter threads
produces a powerful multi-element macro lens system.  Full auto exposure
control is retained and unlike using extension tubes or bellows there is
minimal light loss.  The technique is ideal for recording small detail on
stamps, coins etc."   Example:  28mm reversed onto 135mm: field width 7mm,
working distance 38mm.  Price is 19.95 pounds (approx $32) for  49/49 and
55/55mm adaptors.  Sounds like a neat idea to me, anyone tried it?

In addition, SRB offer "retrostep rings" which allow filters, ring flash
etc to be fitted to a reversed lens, and virtually anything else you can
think of to attach something to something else!

Web site: http://www.srbfilm.co.uk
Email: srbfilm@xxxxxxx

I have no connection with SRB other than as a satisfied customer.

Cheers
Richard

Richard Ross, BSc, PhD, LRPS
Hemel Hempstead,