Re: [OM] OM3Ti tops Contax RTS3 & Leica R8

Subject: Re: [OM] OM3Ti tops Contax RTS3 & Leica R8
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:48:17 -0700
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 1999 5:57 PM

> John Hudson wrote:
>
> >Has anyone followed this thread on the Leica User Group list? Amateur
> >Photo mag's opinion has been slagged and trashed left and right!
>

> VERY interesting!  Could you pls redirect a few representative
> (i.e. the most vitriolic, viscious, or self-pittying :-)) posts
> from the LUG thread to the OLY list?  We don't get a whole lot
> of good news from Olympus anymore, so why not "kwel" a little
> ... oops, I meant: commiserate :-), with our "too wealthy to be
> prudent" brethern/photo-enthusiasts, the Leica owners?

My delete key was working overtime on the slag and trash messages! Excepting
only Stuart Phillips' message to the LUG and copied to this list all the
rest were largely emotional and lacking in substance. I happen to be a long
time and very satisfied Leica M user. I also happen to be a very satisfied
OM4T user. Making photographs seems to be the issue at hand as opposed to an
endless debate about pride of ownership and the quality of one's equipment.

jh