Re: [OM] OM3Ti tops Contax RTS3 & Leica R8

Subject: Re: [OM] OM3Ti tops Contax RTS3 & Leica R8
From: "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:40:43 -0400
I saw this topic on the Leica List and posted the following opinion.  My
point was that other manufacturers make great cameras!

"It seems that there is a definite cultural difference operating here.  As
usual, what is the "best"? I am English by birth but have more than 20
years' distance to improve my perspective.

Since World War II, Britain has until recently been significantly less
affluent.  Magazines and other media reflect this, in part by considering
value for money, or if you like, the possibly of any of their readers ever
owning the product. In the US, cereal ads take place in $50,000 kitchens. In
Britain, a cleaning product is demonstrated in a kitchen like mine (only
cleaner). In SLR's Leica doesn't get the free ride that the M system does
through lack of competition.  (BTW, I love M's) It doesn't seem so
surprising that another SLR would beat out the R8."

stuart phillips