Re: [OM] OM-2 Slow Exposures

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 Slow Exposures
From: JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:43:31 +0800

I came across a OM-4 TI having the same problem. With film in the camera at auto
mode, the shutter speed shows 1/4 sec or 1/2 sec but the actual shutter stays
about 1sec.

Wondering is this normal due to the OTF metering??

I've been offered an OM-2 in really nice condition except the auto exposure
shutter speeds are slow.  The seller says in manual the shutter speeds are
accurate, though.  Can this be true?  Is it the OTF metering that is causing
the auto problem?  If the manual speeds are indeed fine, it wouldn't bother
me, since that's how I'd use it.  But I'd still like to know if it can be
repaired.