[OM] ADITL_18

Subject: [OM] ADITL_18
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:05:07 -0700
>Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:01:09 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] ADITL_18
>
>What's the dark band lower right? Can't be the shadow of the car because
>the car isn't that wide (or is it?--besides, the poles don't cast a shadow
>either. Speak up! Oh, is the date imprint a function of the databack?
>
>/Acer Victoria, running low on EPM....

Acer
        The dark band in the lower right hand corner is the bug shield on our
"Exploder" (really a great vehicle if you know the hidden "features",
kind of like an OM-1).  As I said, I wasn't really planning the shot but
it was the best scene all day and I didn't dare try to take the time to
stop the truck and risk waking my daughter.  A better shot might have
been her sleeping, but that is unlikly with out a moving vehicle.  I'd
like to get out there soon to retake the shot because the road is closed
for a month.  This is a very busy road otherwise.  Hint's and
suggestions welcome.  When I moved to the area (1963) this spot was a
good ten miles out of town, if not more, but now it is only two.  Oh
well the price of progess.
        My Wife likes to have the date on all of our pictures so they can be
cataloged, hence the Recordata Back 4.  I did not crop it out to give
the full image.

Mike Butler
Chief Mechanic / Engineer
Team FCAR