[OM] Re: It is back together at last!

Subject: [OM] Re: It is back together at last!
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:36:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hans van Veluwen <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello,

> Is there away of testing the voltage once it is reassembled and
> charged up?  Oh well, I've read the little logical argument again
> and feel confident that these wimpy little 9 volt NiCads will
> be okay especially since I often use a short cord or the long
> cord and that is another voltage drop.

If you have the relay cord, then just measure the voltage at the two
push in button connections that are labeled for external power.  BTW,
you shouldn't get any voltage drop from either the 1.2m or 10m cords.

> The threads that were stripped are the aluminum threads that
> were damaged when I over tightened the round knurled knob
> that is loosened by using the channel locks.

Oh, that.  Wow, you must have really used a lot of force to strip it,
it's not exactly a flimsy part :-)   You weren't trying to do the re-timing
by moving the knob were you?   A replacement is available as part number
CE132800.

> The threads may have been damaged when I used lock-tite
> the last time I took it apart.  Messy stuff that lock-tite  it was to
> hard to control and apply.

Used properly, loctite is wonderful stuff.  Just make sure that you use
*only* the blue stuff, it's meant for removal with hand tools.  If you
use the red one you'll never get it off.
                                -mark