[OM] 3rd party lenses

Subject: [OM] 3rd party lenses
From: "Kilpatrick, Mike" <mikekilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 10:21:12 -0500
I've been sitting on the sidelines for a time and really enjoying the
experience -- especially the more inexpensive tips for improving my photo
technique and OM collection. Lately there has been some very beneficial (to
me) discussion about 3rd party lenses and zooms in particular. My positive
experiences have been with the Kirons and Tamron SP lenses but I'm curious
about others. In searching the archives, Gary Schloss mentioned possibly
posting a 3rd-party lens positive experiences list. Was this ever done? If
so is it on a website or does someone have it available to forward to
others?

I presently have an OM-2 that has been sent to John for service and an OM-4
that he is working to help me isolate an intermittent  mirror lockup problem
with (my Dad retired the camera about 5 years ago because it could never be
diagnosed by Olympus repair facilities). I've pulled out my old backup OM-10
but I find it too difficult to focus now that I've reached the age that I
need glasses. So, if anyone has a spare OM G or OM PC body around they would
like to sell here in the States, please contact me.

Thanks, and keep the tips coming, for both the pros and us frugal amateurs.

Mike Kilpatrick
mikekilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx
in the beautiful Texas Hill Country