Re: [OM] om2, program?

Subject: Re: [OM] om2, program?
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:22:21 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/99 7:38:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ghb04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> a) is it worth the £80.00 they wan't to rush me (or £120 if i take the lens
(a f1.2 Zuiko).

That sounds like a pretty good price, especially considering the trial period
and the warranty. Which f1.2 Zuiko is it? The 50 or 55. In either case, for
the price differential take it. You could probably sell it for more to
someone on the list.

>  b) whats different about it?.. (There isn't a manual I can thieve and look
> at).

Short and sweet: The OM-2S is more like an OM-4 than the original OM-2. It
includes the partially silvered front mirror and sub-mirror so there is no
metering off the screen, so the 2 series and Beattie screens work fine. It
has a programmed exposure mode - set your lens to minimum aperture and the
camera selects aperture and shutter speed. In manual mode metering is spot
only. There is no spot capability in auto or program modes. Other than the
selector level and the extra position for Program, controls are pretty much
the same as other late model OM's. Their is a finder illumination button on
the right side of the lens mount, where the mirror lockup lever is on the
OM-1. You will find more info in the archives.

>  c) Could I obtain a top plate in good condition anywhere, and have it
fitted?

I dont think you can get parts for the OM-2S anymore. Best bet might be to
try and find a camera with dead electronics.

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA