[OM] om2, program?

Subject: [OM] om2, program?
From: David_low <ghb04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:45:32 +0100
Hi,

my local photo store has offered me a OM2 body cheap. Its cheap because the top
plate
is severely brassed. They will let me borrow it for a week or so to test, and
will
give me 12 months warranty on the mechanics/electronics.

Now I don't know this camera at all. I have seen OM2n with a white SP logo on
the
body, but this one has

OM2, and written in green is 'spotmatic program'(Maybe program spotmatic my
cellphone
kept going off). So keeping it simple guys, can you tell me the following:-

a) is it worth the £80.00 they wan't to rush me (or £120 if i take the lens (a
f1.2
Zuiko).

b) whats different about it?.. (There isn't a manual I can thieve and look at).

c) Could I obtain a top plate in good condition anywhere, and have it fitted?.
(No I
wont attempt that myself.. Although an electronics engineer by trade, and an
horologist by inclination. I'm a believer in letting the skilled craftsman earn
his
living, aside from which he could tell me a lot more about condition etc).

The top plate got brassed by using non standard straps btw.

Is there a list of production serial nos and years anywhere?

regards

David Low