Re: [OM] Depth of field

Subject: Re: [OM] Depth of field
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:43:27 +0200
Joe wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I am new to the list ...

Welcome to the list.

> ... and have found some very good and useful information
> here. I am police officer in Texas. Here in Texas it is a crime to stand on
> the tracks or to interfere with rail road property. But it is only a
> misdemeanor offense.

It´s a misdemeanor in Germany as well, to stand on, walk on, or cross
the tracks, so as long as the photographer stands away of the tracks,
far enough for his own security, it should be no problem (don´t try the
mirror trick ;-).

>Usually only a fine and maybe 1 day in jail.

Only fines, as long as one didn´t interfere with RR operations
(mirrors).

> The Rail
> Road has never complained about people who use common since, They don't seem
> to mind people standing on the tracks to take photos as long as you do it in
> a safe manner. The Rail Road even parks Engines near the old station so the
> train buffs can photograph them.

There are special RR tours were the train stops on the track, allowing
the enthusiasts to circle the train and to take close ups of the engine.

Thanks for your explainations.

Regards

Richard