Re: 21/3.5 infinity focus was: shops with net access was: Re: [OM] Hoya

Subject: Re: 21/3.5 infinity focus was: shops with net access was: Re: [OM] Hoya ND 400
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:06:32 EDT

> OM query for someone more knowledgeable than I: if the split
>  screen/microprism focussing aid will not go to infinity by a slight
>  amount, should I keep or send back the little 21/3.5 that I have just
>  bought?  I should be grateful for an opinion, and I hope that this wasn't
>  discussed ad nauseam while I was away (MC 50/1.8s anyone ;-))

I wouldn't profess to be more knowledgeable but my 21/3.5 won't focus to
infinity with my OM10 but focuses past infinity with the OM3.  It's one of my
favorite lens. There shouldn't be an infinity focus problem because even wide
open everything should be in focus from 3 meters onward to infinity. I think
that your "problem" might be a function of the camera body than the lens.

Warren