[OM] Re: 21/3.5 infinity focus was: shops with net access was: Re: [OM]

Subject: [OM] Re: 21/3.5 infinity focus was: shops with net access was: Re: [OM]Hoya ND 400
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:09:34 -0400
Although this might not apply here, since the 21/3.5 is such a light
weight lens, I have noticed with some off brand tele-zooms that the
split image will not look right at infinity. The top part of the split
image will be just a bit blurrier. I have wondered if the weight of the
lens combined with loose mounting gives the focal plane a tilt. Or more
likely, the internal optics may be slightly askew, causing the same
effect. It would probably be harder to see on a totally matte screen
unless you had a full frame object at infinity to look at. I do not see
this problem with my 65-200 zuiko. If it varies with the bodies, it
could be any number of alignment issues. In my experience, this is more
notices with telephotos than with wide angles. Do you notice any
similar effects with longer lenses on the different bodies?