Re: [OM] OT: Alps/Epson Print Comparison

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Alps/Epson Print Comparison
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 22:17:44 -0700
>In a message dated 7/9/99 6:44:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, denton@xxxxxxxx
>writes:
>
><< C'mon, Tomoko, give us an opinion!
>Regards,
> Denton Taylor
>  >>

>Ditto here!! Denton, weren't you one of the ones that recommended the Epson
>to me ?? I'dl love to know how it stacks up against the higher Alps...My
>Epson 740 only cost $235 at Sams' , and the 1440 mode is terrific...but,
>without waiting in line for three months to see, I'd love Tomoko's opinion...
>Susan

I don't know about these particular models, but in almost every printer
comparison test in MacWorld in the past 3 or 4 years, Epson has been the
printer of choice and the Alps model has been near the bottom of the list.
Negative judgments of the Alps have been concerned about inaccurate and
muddy colors, besides initial cost, cost of expendables, and slowness.

Interestingly, the low resolution of the Alps printer is compensated for
somewhat by the printing medium. Maybe they are finally getting it right?
Hope so. It  seems a shame to use great care and money in selecting a fine
Olympus OM camera, superb OM lens, film to match your perception and/or
your artistic intent, and to blow it all on a bad print.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx