[OM] Alternatives to a Varimagni

Subject: [OM] Alternatives to a Varimagni
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:53:52 +0100
Hans van Veluwen wrote:
>Did Pentax or Fujica ever make non-angled finder magnifiers? In many cases
where
>I use the Varimagnifinder with macro or super tele I only need the
>magnification, and feel the right angled finder as a handicap. I believe
Hama
>once made them, but no more... :-(

As I remember it, the Pentax S1A/SV/Spotmatic right angle finder had no
magnifier but a non-reversed image and they made a separate focus
magnifier - a short straight tube that fitted the eyecup slots - and perhaps
with a bit of filing both of them could be fitted to an OM eyepiece (but,
unlike the Varimagni, not at the same time). I don't know anything about any
Pentax M or K versions.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx