Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:17:40 EDT
Jeffrey writes:

<< And tightening a hot shoe may be a relatively simple task-but those repair
people on this list have no interest to share this information for obvious
reasons. >>

This kind of disparaging talk on the list really works me up - which is why
I'm still wipping this dead horse.

Anyone who has been through this problem with an OM-2S/OM-3(Ti)/OM-4(T)(Ti)
class body (like I have) would know disassembly to tighten the hot shoe is a
challenging job for a professional.  In fact, my OM-4 was bought used from a
Camera Traders (Denver) repairman.  It was his personal camera and he botched
a top cover removal.  My local repairman had to refasten two hot shoe wires,
besides tighten the shoe.  Now he doesn't want to touch another OM body,
since he got backed up on other orders while doing mine.

BTW, if someone else has a loose hot shoe be sure to get it fixed SOON.  The
screws fall into the camera and can easily short out the circuitry.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV