Re: [OM] Caution: Digital Talk!

Subject: Re: [OM] Caution: Digital Talk!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 12:24:33 -0700
>From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>No, I don't think the quality is good enough yet and the flexibility of an
>SLR
>system is unavailable at a reasonable price.
>
>I think a good film scanner is the best way to go digital at the moment -
>better
>quality than a digital camera and I suspect less rapid depreciation in the
>value.

While I agree that digital is not yet up to film standards of cost for a
given level of quality, I think it's a great time to experiment and get
used to it. The difference between digital and film have MUCH more
implications than the difference between, say, 35mm and medium-format.

There are three kinds of people in this world: those who make things
happen, those who watch things happen, and those who look up and say, "What
happened?" :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229