Re: [OM] OM-4 question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 question
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:12:42 -0400
I listed earlier the OM-4 characteristics different from the OM2s.  I forgot to
mention one important difference.  That is the ergonomics of the shutter, spot
buttons.  When I bought the OM2000, the most difficult thing for me is to
remember that my index finger cannot push a spot button!

You switch between the auto and manual modes by the lever next to the exposure
compensation dial on the left-hand side of the body.  The spot, Highlight, and
shadow buttons are together and you move your index finger to the right, there
is the shutter button.  This might be the most important change from the OM-2S
and it might be hard to top this arrangement.

Although the OM2S shares this arrangement with the 4, the on-off control of the
OM camera is done by partial depression of the shutter button.  When I was using
the EOS-1N, I yearned for this on-off control, particularly with the NPC
Polaroid Back replacing the regular back, the EOS-1N on-off switch is located at
such an awkward position of the back side of the bottom cover that I cannot put
my small finger in because of the Polaroid Back.  There would not be a problem
like that with the Polaroid back and the OM bodies.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/