[OM] Rubinar 500mm/5.6 Macro Lens

Subject: [OM] Rubinar 500mm/5.6 Macro Lens
From: "Dunay Gejza" <hadesia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:38:06 +0200

>Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:03:01 -0400
>From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Rubinar 500mm/5.6 Macro Lens
>
>This morning there was a post to fj.rec.photo on this mirror lens
which has been
>mentioned recently on this list.
>
>What I understand is that in Japan there is a store in Tokyo which is
>specializing
>in Russian lenses and cameras.  What they do is that not only they do
sell
>several Rubinars in M42 mount but also would do a conversion of the
lens to a
>specific camera mount using the Kenko M42P1 to camera mount adapter.
I may
>have to reread the description again to be more precise.

Which adapter do we need for OM and where it is possibly to get it?

>Here is a site where they show the lens mounted on a Pentax.  The
author of this
>site mentions that with the OM body, the shutter speed dial on the
mount makes
>it harder to operate the lens.

I did not understand the sense of the sentence above (my bad English).
Why it is harder? What is the problem to operate the lens? Can you
explain it to me, please?
And how adapt the lens? I propably can remove the mount with M42 screw
and give there some OM mount adapter, but I do not know about
diametres.
Has somebody on this list Rubinar? I shall be very appreciated for any
information how to adapt Rubinar to OM camera.

>http://www.os.rim.or.jp/~rey_k/hihoo/hihoo_item/rubinar/rubinar.html#
refine

>Sorry that everything is in Japanese, but the article is just too
long to do any
>translation.  He gives several diagrams and his sample photos, which
were not as
>good as the one Mathias Wilke showed us.

May be Mathias Wilke can better take photos with Rubinar? And for me
the images looks not that bad. If I scan my own images and look at
them on screen they look muuuuuuuuch worse there?

Knows somebody exactly what is necessary to do ada