[OM] OM] Soligor lenses

Subject: [OM] OM] Soligor lenses
From: "Dunay Gejza" <hadesia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:27:55 +0200

>Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:35:51 +0200
>From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Soligor lenses
>I thought the Rubuinars were Russian, at least that´s what Mathias
Wilke
>said.

If I shall get $100 everytimes as somebody called me Czech I shall be
very rich man today.

>> The prices vary (for new) approximately $150-250 .
>
>Used price is often the same.
>
>Dirty cheap for an apochromatic ;-) supertele.

I just  asked for price of them and this is less than $150 + 22% VAT.
The used are cheaper by us but quite rare to find.
If will you buy direct in Arsenal factory discount shop in Kiev
(Ukraine). I believe it will cost less than  $80 for the new one. BTW,
the medium format Kiev 66 body cost there only about $60 and Kiev 88
$250. You need only to go there ....

>If you can afford to have an 600mm/4.0 you probably can also have two
>camera systems. ;-)
>
>For the meanwhile an 500m/5.6 sound not bad, didn´t it?

For me is not difference if the lens cost 8000 or 8 millions USD.
Everyting above $1500 is for sure not interesting for me. And if I
shall buy anything over $200 it is life emergency for me (that my wife
will kill me) ....

Gejza "Slovak not Czech" Dunay
Slovak republic