Re: [OM] my ADITL shots (which one to choose?) OT re. smog

Subject: Re: [OM] my ADITL shots (which one to choose?) OT re. smog
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:05:31 -0700
On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Giles wrote:

>What is smog ? ;-)
>
>Acer Victoria wrote:
>
>> there was NO smog/haze outside (living in the valley in Southern
>> California, life is smog). Even around 4.30pm there was none. I decided

I don't know if you're being serious or not because of the winky emoticon.
I will take it be the former. Smog=SMoke+fOG. Pollution from cars and oil
refineries and industries gets trapped in the valley because of the
eastern breeze. Mountains in the west are too high for the stuff to pass,
so it just hovers over the area. Aircrafts coming into LAX area can see
the brown yuck miles before they even get here.

/Acer Victoria

A trap in which the determined to be seriously informative person is snared
regardless of the clue.

The word was created in English newspapers to describe conditions in
London. I am sure Giles is aware of that.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx