Re: [OM] Old Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Old Lenses
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:45:28 -0500
At 07:59 PM 6/24/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm just wondering if anyone can give me a little info about a lens I
>just bought. At our local camera store they had a 50mm 1.8 lens that I
>couldn't leave.

Jeff,

The 50/1.8 is the best value per dollar among Zuikos, bar none.  That's
partly because there are a kajillion of them and we all have six apiece.
Even so, it sounds like you got a bargain. It is undoubtedly single-coated
by your description.  It is an excellent lens.  You'll enjoy it.  It makes
a great loupe too.

In case you start to wonder how it compares to other 50mm Zuikos, there is
loads of discussion of this in the archives.  There is also loads of
discussion about how to tell if your lens is MC or SC.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA