[OM] Old Lenses

Subject: [OM] Old Lenses
From: Jeffrey E Bellin <jeffbellin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:59:00 EDT
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me a little info about a lens I
just bought. At our local camera store they had a 50mm 1.8 lens that I
couldn't leave. I really went in to find a filter and a rear cap and I
figured for the extra $15 I'd go for the lens too. There isn't a mark on
it but I'm wondering how old it is? It seems like it isn't multi-coated
and when you look from the front the barrel is trimmed in silver in two
rings. The serial number is in the 300,000 range. How do these older
lenses compare with the newer multi-coated ones?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Jeff Bellin
Newton, MA