RE: [OM] OM-10 Body

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-10 Body
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:06:58 -0500
At 03:23 PM 6/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>               Where might one find an OM-G?
>
>               Are they fairly rare?
>
>               Thanks for the insight Paul!
>
>               Scott

They're pretty common, though not nearly so as 10s. The G and the 20 are the
same camera, BTW. See the paragraph on how it differs from the 10 in the
Hawkins OM FAQ. I don't have the address handy, but there's a pointer at
http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html
In addition to what this mentions, the G has the better shutter introduced
in later OM-10s (I think) and (I think) a brighter view screen.

It seems to sell for about $20-40 more, but remember that you don't need a
manual adapter, which for the 10 usually costs around $40. This has some
dealer pages:
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/mf/albro.html
I like Keh best, but they are not the cheapest.

If you want another step up, try a PC or 40, and get TTL flash, a big
advantage. See the FAQ on this.

Paul Farrar