RE: [OM] OM-10 Body

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-10 Body
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:12:26 +0800

> Forget about E-bay, unless you can find a nice package deal,
> where there are
> some nice Zuikos (i.e. Olympus' brand lenses) included in the package.
> Otherwise, just go to about any camera store where they also
> sell 2nd handed
> cameras, even here in The Netherlands there are scores of
> OM-10s to be found
> in such stores...

Plenty of 2nd hand ones in Oz too !

Try to get one with a warranty and check it out very carefully before the
warranty period expires.  I have had some problems with OM-10's with mirror
alignment problems (one that I dropped myself, another was like it when I
bought it 2nd hand).  Things to check:

1. Infinity focus is OK - check this with a tele if you can.

2. Focus is even across the screen.

3. Foam seal in the back is not gummy - any reputable camera shop should fix
this as part of the deal.

4. Try to find 1 which has the manual adapter already - these are often
expensive to buy separately.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/