Re: how to change scanning res? was: Re: [OM] ADITL HELP!

Subject: Re: how to change scanning res? was: Re: [OM] ADITL HELP!
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 08:26:40 -0400
Yes, I recommend scanning at a higher resolution (even 150 dpi can be a good
starting point).  This will result in a very large image on your monitor.
Then resize the image (at 72dpi) for a maximum width of 640 pixels  (the
width of your SVGA monitor screen) .
Then apply an "unsharp" mask.  Every image editor has one, though it may
have a slightly different name (ie sharpen or sharpen lite).

John
Camtech / Olympus Service since 1977
21 South La., Huntington NY 11743-4714
516-424-2121