Re: how to change scanning res? was: Re: [OM] ADITL HELP!

Subject: Re: how to change scanning res? was: Re: [OM] ADITL HELP!
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:41:52 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 24, 1999 5:24 PM
Subject: how to change scanning res? was: Re: [OM] ADITL HELP!

>OT
>How can I change the scanning resolution? Since I don't have my own yet, I
>have to go to the computer lab; the HP5100 there is set to 150dpi, and I
>can't seem to change that. Help?
>
>/Acer Victoria

With the scanning window active, go to the settings / page settings menu
option and enter whatever dpi you care for. I have found that I get a better
final image by having scanned at 300 or 600 dpi on my HP5100C and then using
image editing software to reduce the resolution to 72 dpi than by scanning
at 72 dpi at the outset.

jh