[OM] OM10 and 3rd Party Flash

Subject: [OM] OM10 and 3rd Party Flash
From: "Graeme Arlidge" <server@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:10:40 +0000
Hi
I've just discovered this list.  I own a lot of photo gear (Nikon
F90X etc) but just bought an OM10 2nd hand because I couldn't pass it
up at the price and it just feels so light!

I owned an OM2SP at one time, which I didn't get on with that well
but the little OM10 is much nicer to use than I had imagined.  I'm
intending to use it as a "rat" camera.  I have a question  about
flash synch.  I have an old Vivitar 283 which I am keen to use on it
but there is no manual speed for X synch.   I don't have the
manual adapter and although I do still have an old T32 it has the
broken shoe malady.  (just saw the fix on the FAQ but I'm not sure
if the parts are  available here in NZ).

The funny thing is when you put the flash in the shoe and it is
charged the camera seems to use about 1/60th of a second.  Is this
normal.  The camera indicates about 1 second but the speed sounds
right..

Can anyone throw any light on this.  I would be very grateful.
Regards
Graeme Arlidge
NZ