[OM] Tech Pan film

Subject: [OM] Tech Pan film
From: Norma Foltz <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:58:10 -0700
Siri --

Tech Pan Film is fantastic !  It has some very special properties, one
of which
is extreme enlargement (greater than thirty times).  It has extremely
high resolution
(235 line pairs per millimeter), it has extended red sensitivity (to 750
nm, I think) and it has variable contrast.

You'll need to be careful about getting too high of contrast for normal
so I recommend
either the developer / speed combination of ASA25 or ISO 25 or 32 and
develop in Kodak HC 110 3ml to 300 ml of water (Dilution F) or the
special Technidol liquid developer which is sold in airtight packets of
liquid with instructions.

I usually develop at 24 degrees Centigrade for five minutes agitation
every 30 seconds

I plan to use it for my next Ultraviolet photography experiments
http://www.netcom.com/~flzhgn/uv.htm
with slightly higher contrast combination of ISO 100 speed and develop
in dilution D (6ml to 300 ml)

The possibilities with this film are tremendous!  With it you can make
photos in your
35mm camera that are like medium or large format!  To get these results
you have to
pay special attention to vibration.   Still this film is fun for taking
photos out of an airplane window with the Wratten 25 Red filter it can
show more detail than Kodak High Speed Infrared or Konica IR 750 film.

I recommend that you start out with the Technidol developer or HC110 at
dilution F {3:300}

-- Hank Hogan

http://www.netcom.com/~flzhgn/indexc.htm