Re: [OM] OM10 and 3rd Party Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10 and 3rd Party Flash
From: SiteMistic@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 08:16:42 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/99 7:09:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< : Can anyone throw any light on this.  I would be very grateful.
 : Regards

 With a dedicated or semi-dedicated flash (and I presume the Vivitar 283 is)

   The Vivitar 283 has only a single contact and isn't dedicated to anything.
So, it won't light flashready lights or anything else in the camera. But, it
is a great automatic flash that delivers a lot of light for its size. I used
them for years while a shooter for newspapers. Rugged and reliable. The only
weakness they had was in the flash foot that slides into the camera hotshoe.
If you banged the flash hard enough against something, the foot would break
off. Much better than trashing the top of your camera, and not a real factor
if you don't thrash your equipment like newspaper photojournalists do. They
at one time, don't know if it is still available, sold an aftermarket metal
foot to replace the plastic one.

   Anyway, great flash unit.

Jim