Re: [OM] "eBays" in Europe???

Subject: Re: [OM] "eBays" in Europe???
From: alvsborg@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:50:20 +0200
Hello All,

Have been away from the list for a while. Became a true zuikoholic in
January and started to buy from ebay. (The need had been latent since the
70:ies.) The freight costs ate much of the profit from buying over there,
so I asked the list if there were any ebays in Europe. At that time there
weren't. At least not any good. After a month or so, however, I got the
crazy idea to start my own web auction. Of course with a great photo category.

During two crazy months (April and May) my brother and I built it. And now
it is on the air. We have a pretty tough registering procedure
(Swedish/Scandinavian personal ID's) to keep the site clean from problems.
We will hopefully be able to change that procedure this fall, so that also
non-Nordic people can use it.

I am telling this, not to spam but to give the "what happened later...."
story. So, if you are curious, please feel to browse the auction site -
www.bamba.nu - even if you won't understand much of it since it is in Swedish.

For myself, I still hope to find a nice Zuiko 35-105 zoom on Bamba in the
furure. Be sure I am gonna bid on it.

A peaceful mid summer (which we celebrate heavily in Sweden) wishes,
Claes