Re: [OM] Minor repair needed - 100 / 2.8 Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Minor repair needed - 100 / 2.8 Zuiko
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:43:09 +0200
Dan Lau wrote:

> Come on, Terry and John, I feel that I must come to the defense of
> Lars Haven in this case.  There is _NO_ mention of using cyanoacrylate
> to glue the rubber ring to the lens, it just says to use cyanoacrylate
> glue to join the ends of the rubber ring which has been cut!!!
>
> Please go look at the web page again, and look at the pictures, Terry.
> The gluing is done with the rubber ring OFF the lens.  There is NO
> recommendation to glue the rubber ring to the lens or to apply crazy
> glue to the lens at all!!!
>
> So before you all get carried away and say what is in Lars' page is
> wrong, go take a look at it first.  And please read the descriptions
> in the page, don't just look for the word "cyanoacrylate" and jump to
> the wrong conclusions!!!

Phew! Thanks a lot!

Murphy has won again: If there is a way to misunderstand something,
somebody eventually will (sorry Terry). Maybe I should update that
web page.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"