Re: [OM] Minor repair needed - 100 / 2.8 Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Minor repair needed - 100 / 2.8 Zuiko
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:56:29 -0700 (PDT)
Come on, Terry and John, I feel that I must come to the defense of
Lars Haven in this case.  There is _NO_ mention of using cyanoacrylate
to glue the rubber ring to the lens, it just says to use cyanoacrylate
glue to join the ends of the rubber ring which has been cut!!!

Please go look at the web page again, and look at the pictures, Terry.
The gluing is done with the rubber ring OFF the lens.  There is NO
recommendation to glue the rubber ring to the lens or to apply crazy
glue to the lens at all!!!

So before you all get carried away and say what is in Lars' page is
wrong, go take a look at it first.  And please read the descriptions
in the page, don't just look for the word "cyanoacrylate" and jump to
the wrong conclusions!!!