[OM] Re: Glue (was "Minor repair needed--100/2.8 Zuiko")

Subject: [OM] Re: Glue (was "Minor repair needed--100/2.8 Zuiko")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:40:22 -0500
At 02:42 PM 6/15/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hot glue that works for every thing!!!!
>I think the factory uses cyanoacrylate glue what ever the heck that is!!
>Terry
>
>John Hudson wrote:
>
>> The rubber finger grip ring on my 100/2.8 has become loose and slips
>> forwards and backwards on the lens barrel. The ring is still fairly taut
and
>> I would like to stick it back into place before it becomes stretched and
>> slack.
>>
>> Is there any advice as to what kind of adhesive I should use so as not to
>> damage the lens barrel while at the same time ensuring that the ring does
>> not come loose again?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> John Hudson

John,

If you can get to the archives, there is a lot of discussion of this
problem with a variety of creative solutions.  You probably need to cut and
shorten the focus ring rubber, which is where the creative stuff comes in.

In general, for gluing leatherette and other things, I like Pliobond, a
very aromatic ;-) contact cement.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA