Re: [OM] OM-PC with light leak

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC with light leak
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:49:17 EDT
In a message dated 6/13/99 7:39:57 AM EST, norcutt@xxxxxxx writes:

<< At first I thought it was the processing since I couldn't see these
 effects on the negatives.  I was also suspicious when I noticed that the
 3 fogged frames were all i >>

        I would normally be very suspect of your cameras since they are
probably over 10 years old, and what you describe certainly sounds like
fogging, but could also be improperly stored film - (heat, age, x-rays, etc.)
 but since you can't see anything on the negs, I would tend to rule out the
camera and suspect the processing. Have them re print those three frames.
Also- if the three frames are the first three frames only, then some light
leaked into the film cassette before or during loading the camera, or you
didn't have the camera back shut properly at first. But you should see this
on the negs also. Examine the negs more closely.
        Generally, if the foam is all there and is not spongy or gooey, it's
OK.
        Re-examine the negs, then reprint the 3 frames.
        Your stylus may have also done it for the same reasons- processing
lab handling error, your handling error, heat, etc.

        George S.