Re: [OM] OM-PC with light leak

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC with light leak
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 14:47:45 +0000
At 14:49 6/13/99 , George wrote:
>In a message dated 6/13/99 7:39:57 AM EST, norcutt@xxxxxxx writes:
>
><< At first I thought it was the processing since I couldn't see these
> effects on the negatives.  I was also suspicious when I noticed that the
> 3 fogged frames were all i >>

I too, would be *very* suspect of the print processing and have the
specific frames reprinted . . . and suggest by a different lab if possible.

Would add to George's remarks to examine the negatives very closely under
good, strong light and magnification if at all possible.  I've always had
problems examining negatives due to the orange mask on the film base . . .
not to mention the negative colors . . . and have found this can obscure
flaws initially thought only to be on the prints.

[climb on soapbox]
The standard response from many C-41 (color negative and print) labs is:
"The problem is you and/or your camera."  Always take that with a "grain of
salt," especially from a 1-hour drugstore lab.  For some truly odd reason
attempts to replicate the same problem(s) with a roll of reversal fails 99%
of the time.
[step off soapbox]

-- John