Re: [OM] looking for an affordable (used) 24mm shift

Subject: Re: [OM] looking for an affordable (used) 24mm shift
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 02:24:55 EDT

>  What type of learning curve is
>  involved and how much of an additonal investment would be required to get
>  good pictures?   Also, is there much difference in film cost and
processing?
>  It seems like once you started down one road (oly.),  it is hard to
>  change.....
>  Thanks,
>     Irv
I've only borrowed one but you can use your OM as a meter and transfer the
settings to the view camera. For B&W the film is inexpensive per sq. inch but
much more per shot. My friend processed the B&W for me so I can't advise on
costs for this or color.

You might consider the Zuiko 18mm used vertically and not tilt the lens away
from the horizon. This should give the equivalent to the 24mm shift as far as
angle of view but then you'd only have 1/2 of the negative to work with.

Warren