Re: [OM] looking for an affordable (used) 24mm shift

Subject: Re: [OM] looking for an affordable (used) 24mm shift
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 23:45:56 EDT

> From: ibennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Irvin Bennett)
>  Hi,
>      I am new to the list and compiling pictures of old dairy barns and
>  silo's in Virginia.  I have come to the conclusion that I need a shift lens
>  to get the pictures I want and was hoping someone could steer me in the
>  right direction.  Thanks!

I was also lusting after one for a while but came to the conclusion that a
view camera might be better for this type of photography.  You should end up
paying about the same but the view camera will be more versatile. For less
than $1000 you could get a Calumet Cadel, 65 or 90 S. Angulon, bag bellows
and a couple of film holders and you'd be all set.  You could also get a
reducing back for 6x9 and you'd have a negative you could easily print with
most enlargers.

PS. How much were you thinking of paying?

Warren