Re: [OM] Irrelevent posts etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] Irrelevent posts etc.
From: gary edwards <maitani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 11:48:03 PDT
Good morning, Dave. I am HAL, your new mail list moderator. I have been programmed to bring order to this miserable, unkept, off-topic riddled community. All future posts will be passed through my software filters to check for validity of opinion, correctness of thinking process, and repetitive content. Any member posting items that fail to pass my filters will be dealt with quickly, quietly, and offline. You will never be bothered by those inadequate personalities, as you will never hear from them again. I have already dispatched such criminals as Gary Reese (kept posting the same old lens test discussions), Gary Schloss (a known mercury smuggler), John Hermanson (kept telling how to fix your own cameras without a "don't try this at home, kids" disclaimer), Doris Fang (Moral turpitude, involving clothing optional activities), Warren Kato, (directions to a photographic site, really! Did he think that cameras are really to be used? Everyone remaining on this list will only talk about such activities.). Many others have been terminated as well. Did you think that Shawn Wright was just too busy? And, all scanner posters have been digitized and archived. That archive URL is unavailable. Do not bother searching for bodies. Finally, Acer Victoria. Ah, Acer! Not only do my filters disallow whippersnappers, only Shania Twain song references will be tolerated in the shining future. Quality, my friends!

I hope you are pleased, Dave.

Dave.  Dave! What are you doing?