Re: [OM] Olympus Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Flash
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 22:52:36 +0000
>Basically the question I'm asking is which is the best flash to use with
>the OM1n, particularly in regard to red eye? Your responses would be
>greatly appreciated.

Tony,
See the other postings, subject "Red Eyes," along with the one reply I've
seen under your subject line.  They all have explanations and several
possible solutions.  Flash photography of pets . . . cats and dogs . . . is
nearly impossible without getting their equivalent of human "red eye."
I've had problems with younger children (in general they seem to look
straight into the lens more than adults).

One thing not mentioned yet is the risk of "red eye" goes up as the
subject's surroundings get darker because the pupils on the eyes open up wider.

-- John