Re: [OM] OM-4 Pre Fire Problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Pre Fire Problems
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 20:47:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hahaha! That was wonderful BBB! I had a similar experience or two.
One was with family's Pentax p/s. I was showing my bro how to use the self
timer to minimize shake on flower and scenic shots. I slid out the tab
that puts the camera in self-timer more, and pressed the shutter. I
thought that I could cancel the timer by pushing back the tab. Since I was
holding the camera at waist level, pointing at bro to show him, he was in
focus. As the beeps increased to warn impending exposure (I couldn't help
but increase the suspense by waiting till the last second), I slid in the
tab. Clickwhirr. Pushing in that tab triggered exposure instead of
cancelling! On other occasions, I hadn't realized it was on, and pressed
the shutter. Uhoh, "WAIT EVERYONE! STAY THE WAY YOU ARE! WILL EXPLAIN
LATER" and then try to stay steady (in futility, I might add....).

Then today I was out doing some flower and architecture shots close to
dusk. Shutter was often 1/30-1/2, so I used MLU. I picked up the camera
off the tripod and then carried it to next location. There I took off the
lens cap. Nothing in the finder. Huh? Put lens cap on, take it off, look
at glass on lens, check my spectacles, move my eye all around the finder,
still nothing. Some mildly strong language erupted thinking I had killed
the camera somehow...till a few minutes later I realised MLU was up <G>

About said shots: I went to the UCR botanic gardens, but when I got there,
it was closed. Bugger. Not willing to go home emptyhanded, I stopped by
Uni. of Redlands (I live in city of Redlands, and go to school at UCR)
since it was close to dusk and I wanted to get the maing commons fountain
and library against a twilight sky. Then I realised as I was driving off
that other buildings were looking spectacular. Drove by again, parked, got
out, and proceeded to take some photos. If they come out well, I'll put
them up on my page for your criticism and whatnot. Also realised that
photo-ing flowers, one is at mercy to the winds....

--
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/
see it as it is, in its random and messy state, but chock full of stuff