Re: [OM] OM-4 Pre Fire Problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Pre Fire Problems
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 21:05:40 +0200
George M. A. wrote:

:One point I haven't seen mentioned is that you must pull the little tab
:**up** before you try to move it dleft or right, as it's spring-loaded.

and Jan S. added:

: But you DO need to lift it toward the top of the camera by about 1mm
: before it will turn. If Chip didn't know that, it might be the source of
: his problem.

Finally I know why the damn switch gave me so much more trouble on my OM-4Ti
(that I have now for one year) as compared to my OM-4 - it is redesigned! On
the original OM-4 you can turn it without lifting (of course, you can also
turn it unwanted). Never noticed this.
On the Ti, you can, as I also just discovered, also lift the switch by
pushing it from the bottom. The problem as amplified because I always have a
Motor Drive 1 w/o power source installed on the Ti for better handling -
this unit makes operating the switch even more difficult.
Are there any more hidden features in this camera? Like, for instance, the
1/250sec sync switch? ;-)

Hans